Gone, love is never gone,
As we travel on,
Love's what we'll remember!
Kiss today goodbye,
And point me toward tomorrow.
We did what we had to do--
Won't forget, can't regret
What I did for love.
April Choir Boosters Minutes
Submitted by TDobes on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 9:04am
Choir Boosters News
On Tuesday, April 13th, the Choir Boosters held their eighth monthly meeting in the choir room at 7:00 PM. Minutes from the meeting are now online. Items discussed included: Banquet, Spring Concert, Nomination of Officers, and Tuxedo Rental Coupons Elections for next year's Choir Booster Officers will occur at the next meeting. (May 4th, 2004)
MHS CHOIR BOOSTERS
MEETING MINUTES - 4/13/2004
Debbie Nieman, Acting President, called the meeting to order.
Minutes from the March 2, 2004 meeting were read and accepted without change.
- Beginning balance of checking account was $2,852.57.
- Checking account activity: Choir Trip (-$3,453), Cash for Contest Concert (-$300), Cash for Messiah Concert (-$150), Transfer to Susan Emig Scholarship Fund (-$389.30), Choir Trip Deposits (+$3,135), Contest Concert Proceeds (+$689.30), and Patron Ads (+$150).
- The current balance of the checking account is $2,534.57.
- The Susan Emig Scholarship Fund Savings Account beginning balance was $2,251.20.
- Fund activity: Interest (+$1.92), Contest Choir Proceeds (+$389.30), and Steiner Donation (+$100).
- The Susan Emig Scholarship Fund Savings Account current balance is $2,742.42.
- Justin Kolb Concert Top Ticket Seller #4 will be announced in May. Final decision on digital camera purchase remains outstanding.
- Spring Choir Trip - a great time was had by all in who attended.
- Banquet committee update: Mrs. Rees respectfully resigned her position as committee chairperson due to a new job. Debbie Niemen and Debbie Elser volunteered to jointly chair the committee. Cost will be approximately $18. Menu has been set. We must bring our own beverages. Outstanding items: announcement, program, gifts.
- Messiah concert set for Thursday, April 15 at 7:30 p.m. Need diet pop and desserts from 2nd and 3rd hours. 5th and 6th hours will come as guests.
- Choral Festival at Pierce will be held Saturday, April 17 - will solicit volunteers at the Messiah concert.
- Spring Concert
- Theme is Only in America
- Concert proceeds are designated for the Choir Booster fund
- Mr. Emig will announce the date of the Spring Concert at the Messiah concert
- Will need to order flowers/balloons
- ISSMA Choir Competition in Elkhart on May 1 - more details to follow
- Mrs. Rees read a message from Dave Festa regarding Booster Officer nominations for the 2004-05 school year.
- The following were nominated: Dave Festa for President, Eleanor Naglosky for Vice President, Debbie Niemen for Treasurer and Debbie Elser for Secretary.
- Eleanor Naglosky provided coupons for $25 tuxedo rentals from Louis' Tux Shop in the mall - Boosters will receive $5 for every coupon redeemed.
- Dates to remember:
- Orchestra Pre-Festival Concert - 4/22/04 7 p.m.
- Spring Play "Romeo and Juliet" - 5/7/04 7 p.m. 5/8/04 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Choir Boosters Meeting (Election of Officers) - 5/4/03 7 p.m.
- MHS Band Spring Concert - 5/11/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra Concert - 5/13/04 7 p.m.
- MHS Choir "Spring Concert" - 5/20/04 7:30 p.m.
- MHS Choir Banquet - 6/1/04 6 p.m. at Turkey Creek Country Club
Next meeting will be held May 4, 2004 at 7 p.m. Choir Booster Officers for 2004-05 will be elected at this meeting.
login or register to post comments · 2807 reads