On Tuesday, March 2nd, the Choir Boosters held their seventh monthly meeting in the choir room at 7:00 PM. Minutes from the meeting are now online. Items discussed included: Spring Break Trip, Contest Concert, Banquet, Spring Concert, Choir T-Shirts, and Susan Emig Scholarship Nominations for next year's Choir Booster Officers will be accepted at the next meeting.
MHS CHOIR BOOSTERS
MEETING MINUTES - 3/2/2004
The meeting was called to order by Dave Festa, President.
Minutes from the February 3, 2004 meeting were accepted without change.
- Beginning balance of checking account was $4,620.22.
- Checking account activity: Holiday Concert proceeds (-$1,542.65), Justin Kolb Top Sellers (-$225).
- The current balance of the checking account is $2,852.57.
- The Susan Emig Scholarship Fund Savings Account balance is $2,251.66.
- Justin Kolb Concert Top Ticket Seller #4 will be announced in April. Final decision on digital camera purchase remains outstanding.
- The Spring Choir Trip is set for a weekend (April 2-4) in Chicago. More details will follow. First payment of $125 is due on 3/5 and the final payment of $125 will be due on 3/12.
- Banquet committee has been meeting - hall is reserved.
- Please pay choreography fees as soon as possible.
- Contest Concert will be two concerts this year
- Monday, March 15, 2004 at 7:30 p.m. (5th and 6th hours and ISSMA)
- April 15 or 22, 2004 at 7:30 p.m. (2nd and 3rd hours performing the Messiah)
- Mr. Emig will perform at the April concert
- Need baked goods (from 5th and 6th hours) - still have plenty of soda
- Will use hand stamp for admission - regular prices will be charged ($5 adult, $4 student/senior, $20 family pass)
- No set design needed for this concert
- Mr. Emig will send automated phone announcement for these concerts
- Spring Concert theme is Only in America - concert proceeds are designated for the Choir Booster fund
- Will need volunteers for the April 17th Festival at Pierce
- Looking into Banquet giveaways - 16 ounce cups or brass bookmarks?
- Mr. Emig is planning to enter the ISSMA Choir Competition in Elkhart on May 1
- Choir T-Shirts
- Artwork is complete - Slogan is "We Duet Better"
- Cost will be approximately $10 - Delivery lead time is approximately 3 weeks
- Susan Emig Scholarship committee
- Will use point system for judging; GPA/class rank will be used as a tie-breaker
- Applications will be available on 3/15 at the Guidance Office
- Applications will be due 5/1
- Dates to remember:
- MHS Choir Contest Concert - 3/15/04 7:30 p.m.
- Choir Spring Trip - 4/2-4/04 - Chicago
- Choir Boosters Meeting (Nomination of Officers) - 4/13/04 7 p.m.
- "Messiah" Choir Concert - 4/15/04 7:30 p.m.
- Orchestra Pre-Festival Concert - 4/22/04 7 p.m.
- Spring Play "Romeo and Juliet" - 5/1,7,8/04 7 p.m. 5/2/04 2 p.m.
- Choir Boosters Meeting (Election of Officers) - 5/4/03 7 p.m.
- MHS Band Spring Concert - 5/11/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra Concert - 5/13/04 7 p.m.
- MHS Choir "Spring Concert" - 5/20/04 7:30 p.m.
- MHS Choir Banquet - 6/1/04 6 p.m. at Turkey Creek Country Club
Next meeting will be held April 13, 2004 at 7 p.m. Nominations for Choir Booster Officers for 2004-05 will be accepted at this meeting.