On Tuesday, January 6th, the Choir Boosters held their sixth monthly meeting in the choir room at 7:00 PM. Minutes from the meeting are now online. Items discussed included: Justin Kolb ticket sales, spring break trip, contest concert, banquet, and Susan Emig scholarship.
MHS CHOIR BOOSTERS
MEETING MINUTES - 2/3/2004
The meeting was called to order by Dave Festa, President.
Minutes from the January 6, 2004 meeting were accepted without change.
- Beginning balance of checking account was $4,134.12.
- Checking account activity: deposit correction (-$14), Reservation deposit to Banquet on the Green (-$300) and deposit of Patron Ads (+$800).
- The current balance of the checking account is $4,620.22.
- The Susan Emig Scholarship Fund Savings Account balance is $2,251.70.
- Justin Kolb Concert Top 3 Ticket Sellers: Naglosky ($100), Ternes ($75) and Hart ($50) - #4 will be announced in March. Final decision on digital camera purchase remains outstanding.
- The Spring Choir Trip is, as of this writing, tentatively set for Branson. More details will follow. First payment will be due in February and the balance will be due in March. Mandatory meeting for trip attendees and parents will be held after the March Choir Booster meeting.
- Congratulations to all ISSMA state finalists. Check the ISSMA web site (www.issma.net) for performance times.
- Please pay choreography fees as soon as possible.
- Contest Concert
- Tuesday, March 16, 2004 at 7:30 p.m.
- Need baked goods - still have plenty of soda
- Will organize committees at March meeting
- Will use hand stamp for admission - regular prices will be charged ($5 adult, $4 student/senior, $20 family pass)
- Dress rehearsal will be Monday 3/15/2004
- Banquet committee will begin meeting soon
- Susan Emig Scholarship committee
- Met on 2/3/2004 prior to the Booster meeting
- Funding for the scholarship will be from the Contest Concert
- Applications will be available on 3/25 at the Guidance Office
- Applications will be due 5/15
- Vocalteens' elementary school performances were very well received and were again a very enjoyable experience for all.
- Dates to remember:
- ISSMA State Vocal and Piano Contest - Indianapolis 2/21/04
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 3/2/04 7 p.m.
- Java & Jazz Concert - 3/5/04 7p.m. at Pierce Middle School
- MHS Choir Contest Concert - 3/16/04 7:30 p.m.
- Choir Spring Trip - Early April - Branson, Missouri
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 4/13/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra Pre-Festival Concert - 4/22/04 7 p.m.
- Spring Play "Romeo and Juliet" - 5/1,7,8/04 7 p.m. 5/2/04 2 p.m.
- Choir Boosters Meeting (Election of Officers) - 5/4/03 7 p.m.
- MHS Band Spring Concert - 5/11/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra Concert - 5/13/04 7 p.m.
- MHS Choir "Spring Concert" - 5/20/04 7:30 p.m.
- MHS Choir Banquet - 6/1/04 6 p.m. at Turkey Creek Country Club
Next meeting will be held March 2, 2004 at 7 p.m.