On Tuesday, December 2nd, the Choir Boosters held their fourth monthly meeting in the choir room at 7:00 PM. Minutes from the meeting are now online. Items discussed included: spring trip, holiday concert, and other miscellaneous items.
MHS CHOIR BOOSTERS
MEETING MINUTES - 12/2/2003
The meeting was called to order by Dave Festa, President.
Minutes from the November 4, 2003 meeting were accepted without change.
- Beginning balance of checking account was $1,255.42. After deposits from Justin Kolb and pot luck and expenses paid for those events, the current balance of the account is $2,391.42 with no items outstanding.
- The Susan Emig Scholarship Fund Savings Account balance is $2,250.77.
- Mr. Emig will announce top sellers soon from Justin Kolb concert very soon. Final decision on digital camera purchase remains outstanding.
- Costumes and tuxedos have been delivered.
- The Spring Choir trip will be to fabulous St. Louis, MO. It is being arranged by the Performing Art Consultants travel agency. Tentative dates are April 1st through the 7th. Final cost has not yet been determined. First payment of $150 will be due in January. Second payment of $150 will be due in February and the balance will be due in March.
- Deadline for ad book sponsors has been extended to 12/10/2003.
- Waiting on Turkey Creek to confirm date for Choir Banquet.
- Please pay choreography fees as soon as possible. No improvement from last report with only 50% paid.
- Please forward choir (past and present) articles to Tom Dobes for Web Site publishing. E-mail Tom at email@example.com.
- HOLIDAY CONCERT
- Theme is "I Love Christmas"
- Set construction: Friday 12/12 - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday 12/13 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sunday 12/14 - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Will need 25-30 5-gallon buckets/containers for tree branches.
- Tree branch and lighted garland purchase will be coordinated through Mr. Emig and Mr. Festa
- Rehearsal 12/16: Varsity 3-4 p.m., Concert 4-5 p.m., Choralteens and Vocalteens 6-9 p.m.
- Dress Rehearsal 12/17: Varsity 3-4 p.m., Concert 4-5 p.m., Choralteens and Vocalteens 6-9 p.m.
- On concert day, all students are to be dressed and in the choir room at 7 p.m.
- Admission prices will remain $5 for adults, $4 for seniors/students and $20 for a family pass.
- Committee chairpersons should call their members to arrange services.
- Concession stand responsibilities (soda pop and finger foods) will be posted on the choir web site.
- Contact Dave Festa if interested in Hidden Lake Festival of Lights fee collection activity.
- Dates to remember:
- Our Lady of Consolation Service - 12/6/03 12 p.m.
- (VT) Willie Steiner & Associates White Hawk CC 12/7/03
- Band Winter Concert - 12/9/03 7 p.m.
- Rehearsal for Northwest Indiana Symphony at Star Plaza - 12/10/03 6 p.m.
- Northwest Indiana Symphony at Star Plaza - 12/11/03 7 p.m. (The block of tickets mentioned last month are not available. The show is nearly sold out. Call 836-0525 for tickets.)
- Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/11/03 7 p.m.
- (VT) LaGrange IL with NWI Symphony TBA
- (VT) Sts. Peter and Paul Widowers Banquet - 12/14/03 1 p.m.
- Choir Winter Concert - 12/18/03 7:30 p.m.
- (VT) Elementary School Tour/Lunch at Olive Garden - 12/19/03
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 1/6/04 7 p.m.
- Regional Thespian Conference at Elwood High School - 1/31/04
- ISSMA District Vocal Solo Contest - 1/31/04 at Wheeler High School
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 2/3/04 7 p.m.
- MHS Revue - 2/11,12/04 7 p.m.
- ISSMA State Vocal and Piano Contest - Indianapolis 2/21/04
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 3/2/04 7 p.m.
- Java & Jazz Concert - 3/5/04 7p.m. at Pierce Middle School
- MHS Choir Contest Concert - 3/16/04 7:30 p.m.
- Choir Spring Trip - 4/1-4/7 - St. Louis, Missouri
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 4/13/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra Pre-Festival Concert - 4/22/04 7 p.m.
- Spring Play "Romeo and Juliet" - 5/1,7,8/04 7 p.m. 5/2/04 2 p.m.
- Choir Boosters Meeting (Election of Officers) - 5/4/03 7 p.m.
- MHS Band Spring Concert - 5/11/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra Concert - 5/13/04 7 p.m.
- MHS Choir "Spring Concert" - 5/20/04 7:30 p.m.
- MHS Choir Banquet - 6/1/04 6 p.m. at Turkey Creek Country Club
Next meeting will be held January 6, 2004 at 7 p.m.