On Tuesday, November 4th, the Choir Boosters held their third monthly meeting in the choir room at 7:00 PM. Minutes from the meeting are now online. Items discussed included: costume orders, choir banquet, ISSMA, election of Treasurer, ad books, winter concert set construction, bell choir, and upcoming events.
MHS CHOIR BOOSTERS
MEETING MINUTES - 11/4/2003
The meeting was called to order by Dave Festa, President.
Minutes from the October 7, 2003 meeting were accepted with minor date change of September's meeting.
- Two deposits ($2,163 and $246) were made from receipts of the Justin Kolb concert. Profit from the concert was $1,136.
- Checking account balance is $2,391.42
- The Susan Emig Scholarship Fund Savings Account balance is $2,250.30.
- Still processing ticket sales from Justin Kolb concert. Will announce top sellers soon. Final decision on digital camera purchase will also be made soon.
- Volunteers are needed to visit school administrators to discuss continued funding of fine arts programs. Dr. Lux was in attendance for the 11/1 performance of Ragtime and was very impressed.
- Will order 12 tuxedos at $69 each from Southern Apparel of Alabama. Eighty new ladies' outfits will be purchased ($500 for material and $800 for labor). These purchases are taken out of the annual Choir fees.
- Several new destinations for the Spring Choir trip were discussed. Will need to make decision soon.
- Preliminary discussions for the Choir Banquet are taking place. Will need to put deposit down to hold Turkey Creek soon.
- ISSMA 2004 entries are due by 12/6/03. Please visit the ISSMA web site (http://www.issma.net/events.html) for more information.
- Please pay choreography fees as soon as possible. Only 50% have paid to date.
- Please forward choir (past and present) articles to Tom Dobes for Web Site publishing. E-mail Tom at email@example.com.
- A special election was held for Treasurer. Mrs. Rojo has changed jobs and her new responsibilities conflict with Choir events. We thank her for her help and dedication. Mrs. Nieman nominated Dawn Rees to replace Mrs. Rojo. Mrs. Rees accepted and was overwhelmingly elected to the Treasure position.
- Ad book forms will be distributed to the students very soon. Deadline for ads will be 12/5/03. Each student's sale of ads will offset their costs of the Spring Trip.
- Set construction for the Winter Concert will be December 12, 13, and 14.
- Bell Choir will start practices on Tuesday evenings - Mr. Emig will provide more information.
- Dates to remember:
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 12/2/03 7 p.m.
- White Hawk - 12/4/03
- Our Lady of Consolation Service - 12/6/03
- Band Winter Concert - 12/9/03 7 p.m.
- Northwest Indiana Symphony at Star Plaza - 12/11/03 (A block of 80 tickets will be available for purchase - details to follow soon)
- Orchestra Holiday Concert - 12/11/03 7 p.m.
- Sts. Peter and Paul - 12/14/03 3 p.m.
- Choir Winter Concert - 12/18/03 7:30 p.m.
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 1/6/04 7 p.m.
- ISSMA District Vocal Solo Contest - TBA
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 2/3/04 7 p.m.
- MHS Revue - 2/11,12/04 7 p.m.
- ISSMA State Vocal and Piano Contest - Indianapolis 2/21/04
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 3/2/04 7 p.m.
- Java & Jazz Concert - 3/5/04 7p.m. at Pierce Middle School
- MHS Choir Pre-Contest Convert - 3/16/04 7:30 p.m.
- Choir Spring Trip - 4/5-?/04 - Destination Unknown
- Choir Boosters Meeting - 4/13/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra Pre-Festival Concert - 4/22/04 7 p.m.
- Spring Play "Romeo and Juliet" - 5/1,7,8/04 7 p.m. 5/2/04 2 p.m.
- Choir Boosters Meeting (Election of Officers) - 5/4/03 7 p.m.
- MHS Band Spring Concert - 5/11/04 7 p.m.
- Orchestra "Spring Strings" Concert - 5/13/04 7 p.m.
- MHS Choir "Spring Concert" - 5/20/04 7:30 p.m.
- MHS Choir Banquet - 6/1/04 6 p.m. TBA
Next meeting will be held December 2, 2003 at 7 p.m.