Meeting was called to order at 7:08 p.m. by President, Dave Festa.
Minutes of the May 4, 2004 meeting were read by Eleanor Naglosky, Vice President and accepted without change.
|Choir Camp Expenses||$-1188.55|
|Choir Camp Income||$+1405.00|
|Savings Account (Susan Emig Scholarship)|
- Two $1000.00 Scholarships were given out at the choir banquet. The recipients were Jennifer Mustafa and A.J. Davis, They will receive the monies in the following way: half the first semester and the remaining half the second semester.
- Proceeds from the Louie's Tux Shop Prom Coupon were $25.00
- Choir camp - 31 signed up for camp and 29 attended. Ideas were discussed on how to get more students involved, including encouraging incoming freshmen to attend.
- "Welcome to Choir" Potluck
- Held September 25, 2004 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Pierce cafetorium
- We will give out bumper stickers as favors.
- Dishes were determined as follows:
- Seniors and Sophomores - main dish
- Juniors - salad / veggie
- Freshmen - dessert
- Boosters will supply beverages and paper products.
- Entertainment Book sales will be the only fundraiser this year. The books are $20.00. As an incentive for the students to sell books, they will receive one free for every 5 books sold.
- Mr. Festa announced that the Choir Booster By-Laws are very outdated and need to be revised. This will be done at a future meeting.
- The choir Spring Break trip is being planned to Branson, Missouri. We will (tentatively) be leaving April 4 and return April 8. Ads will be sold to cover the cost of each student's trip.
- The first concert will be Tuesday, October 12 at 7:30 p.m. All choirs will be involved.
- Voice lessons are being offered by Mrs. Reinhart and Mrs. Redlarczyk the cost is $8.00 for 20 minutes during class and $10.00 for 30 minutes during lunch.
- Mr. Emig plans for the choir to participate in the Choir Festival on April 16, 2005.
- The Spring Concert date has been changed to May 19, 2005. For a list of all upcoming dates, refer to the choir calendar online.
- The following is a listing of the standing committee chairpersons for 2004/2005:
- Box Office: Debbie Elser
- Programs: Joi Patterson
- Concessions: Deb Nieman and Diane Gedda
- Supervision: Mr. Hartford (tentative)
- Costumes: Kim McIilroy and Deb Johnson
- Phone Tree: Mrs. Reinhart
- Choral Library: Deb and Steve Elser
- Showcase: Mrs. Reinhart
- Set Construction: Deb Nieman
- Publicity: Mrs. Reinhart and Eleanor Naglosky
- Chaperones: as needed
The next meeting is October 5, 2004. Meeting was adjourned at 8:08 p.m.